McDonald’s Style Fish Burger or Fillet O Fish. Their Description reads.
400 Cals400 calories
Dive right in. Our Filet-O-Fish is pure temptation on a lightly steamed bun, topped with processed cheddar cheese and tangy tartar sauce.
Their Tartar Sauce ingredients are
Soybean oil, relish (pickles, water, salt, vinegar, capers, xanthan gum, potassium sorbate, spice extractives, polysorbate 80), water, liquid egg yolk, onion, vinegar, sugar, salt, mustard flour, potassium sorbate , xanthan gum, parsley, calcium disodium EDTA
CONTAINS: EGG, MUSTARD.
Battered Fish Fillet
I usually just pick up the high Liner’s Fish Fillets already seasoned and battered and either Deep Fry these or Oven Bake. Then Sea Salt sprinkled on.
Oven baking takes about 20 minutes and flipping halfway through. Deep Frying takes about 3 – 5 minutes. This of course depends on how big the Fillets are.
Single Stack or Double Stack the Fish Fillet for the Fish Burger.
Said to be the Old McDonald’s Tartar Sauce.
- 1/2 C Kraft’s Mayonnaise
- 1/4 C Dill Relish / Not Sweet Relish
- 10-12 Capers small & minced
- 2 tsp dried, minced Onion
- 2 tsp Half & Half
- 1 tsp dried Parsley
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp Sugar
Combine all ingredients and mix very well. Refrigerate in an air-tight container until needed.
Make this Tartar sauce in advance. It needs time to rest to develop the flavors.
Fish Burger Toppings
There are no additional toppings besides one slice of American Cheddar Cheese and Tartar Sauce. However you could also top this off with Pickles and/or Lettuce if desired.
- 1 Plain Hamburger Bun
- 1-2 Battered Fish Fillet
- 1 Cheese Slice
- 1-2 Tbl Tartar Sauce
- Place Waxed Paper on a Plate to wrap the Burger when done.
- Prepare the Tartar Sauce or set aside your Favorite Brand
- Steam the Bun or Microwave a few seconds. Deep Fry or Oven bake the Fish Fillet according to instructions, sprinkle salt over the fillet
- Assemble the Burger starting with the CrownTartar SauceOptional – Pickle SlicesFish FilletOptional – Tartar SauceOptional – Fish FilletCheese SliceHeelWrap and let sit 5 minutes or keep warm in the oven.