Want to make a Deviled Eggs Platter? These Deviled Eggs are simple and with two key ingredients that make these Devilicious Good. An Eggcellent addition for the Holidays or just to have for breakfast at any time.
There are just so many ways you can customize the taste of Deviled Eggs. In fact that is what the name means. Deviled as in Spiced up or additional seasonings added. It pertained to Spicy or Zesty food items. With Deviled Eggs the term caught on in the 1700’s with adding Mustard and Black Pepper.
This same recipe for Deviled Eggs can be used for Deviled Egg Salad Sandwich with Added Mayo and other items like Onions and Celery.
Organic Free Range Eggs are really going to make a difference here. You can use the store bought but these will be extremely weak in taste as well as the color of the yolk won’t be as vibrant and alive.
Base Deviled Egg Ingredients
The Base Ingredients are Mayo, Mustard with Salt & Pepper to taste. The amounts used are very small and only enough added to bring the Mash together. The Mayo for Creaminess and Mustard for Color as well as taste along with the Salt & Pepper. To this other items can be added to shape or customize the flavors.
Herbs and Spices for Deviled Eggs
With the Base Ingredients set. You can add additional items for customized Deviled Eggs like Black Salt to really drive that Egg Sulfur taste. Other Herbs and Spices as well. Chives, Parsley, Dill Weed, Chervil, Tarragon, Garlic, Onion, Aleppo etc…
Sauces or Condiments for Deviled Eggs
Swap out the Mayo or add to with French Dressing, Thousand Island Dressing. Add to the Mayo HP Sauce, Sriracha, or use Hollandaise Sauce in place of. Add some Aioli or Garlic Butter for a Garlicky Kick.
Or swap out the Mayo with Sour Cream, Yogurt, Tzatziki Sauce for a no Mayo Deviled Eggs.
Other Add Ins for Deviled Eggs
- Bacon Bits
- Deviled Ham, Corned Beef, Flaked Ham, Chicken or Tuna
- Bread and Butter Pickles finely chopped
- or any combination of the above
Black Salt is a Pink Salt heavy in Sulfur. If you taste it you will immediately think eggs. When added to Egg Dishes it pronounces the Sulfur taste which may be desirable by some. For people who do not eat eggs but would like to. This is an excellent way to get egg flavor without actually using eggs.
Cream of Tartar
Cream of Tartar is usually used to thicken or stiffen Eggs. Here we use it for the Sour Taste it offers as well as getting some Potassium. The Sour taste offered is much toner than adding straight vinegar and doesn’t dilute the Egg Yolks with Liquid.
Hard Boiled Eggs
The Objective is to get just set yolks. Where there is no color change in the yolk just White and Yellow, no green film or dried out yolks. You could go just before they set to add some creaminess or Half and Half if you’d like. Where half the eggs are taken out a bit earlier to get Egg Yolks just before setting with the remaining sitting longer to firm the egg yolks a bit more.
There are numerous ways to make hard boiled eggs. There is no one correct way. However my objective was to get the best Hard Boiled Eggs with more control over the yolk and in the shortest time possible. This brought me to the 5-5-5 method.
Bring water to a boil and gently lay the eggs in and boil for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat and let rest 5 minutes. Strain the water out and add cold water and let rest for 5 minutes. Peel the Eggs under running warm water. This gave almost completely set Egg Yolks.
There is a membrane between the Egg White and the Shell. If you do not get under this and peel. It will be extremely difficult to peel without damaging the Egg Whites. Running under water helps with this only if you have pierced through the membrane. If not, slightly tear the membrane so that you can get under it before peeling the rest of the egg. Allow the running water to get under as well to lift the membrane and assist with easier peeling.
- 1 Pot
- 12 Eggs
- 6 Tbl Mayo
- 2 tsp Prepared Mustard - or Dijon
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp White Pepper
- 1/8 tsp Black Salt
- 1/8 tsp Cream of Tartar
- Boil the Eggs and Peel. Combine the Yolks with remaining Ingredients, mix really well and Fill the Eggs back up either with a spoon or pipe it through.
- Garnish with Paprika, Aleppo Pepper and Parsley or Maritime Bagel Seasoning and Serve or Cover in Plastic to Serve Later.
- Aioli Pork ChopsAioli Pork Chops are just Phenomenal! These Pork Chops are marinated in an Aioli Marinade using the Jar version of it. Where everything is placed into a Jar and puréed with an Immersion Blender. Slow cooked until fork tender. Just as they come out of … Read more
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your … Read more
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken … Read more