Honey Garlic Wings
Yummy Honey Garlic Wings! Choose your preferred way of cooking the Chicken Wings, Dusted or Naked, and Coat them in a Quick Honey Garlic Sauce or serve the Honey Garlic Sauce on the side for dipping.
Make Wings a Thing for Wednesday Night Wings.
Portion the Wings out to about 1 lb of Chicken Wings per person.
Pick up a box of these at your local Cash & Carry. Which are usually a lot cheaper than buying a package of maybe 1-2 lb at the grocery store.
I usually source mine from a Local Meat Shop that has these on sale frequently for 1.99 CAD per lb and sometimes at .99 CAD per lb.
Dusted Chicken Wing
For each 1 lb of fully thawed Chicken wings, toss with 1 tsp of each of the below to dust the chicken wings and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more. This allows for the dusting to get fully absorbed in and affect the skin for better crisping.
- Kosher Salt
- Baking Powder
Naked Chicken Wings
Naked Chicken Wings have no dusting or special coating of any kind. Cook as is. Optionally marinate or brine prior to cooking.
Breaded Chicken Wings
For Breaded Chicken wings, my go-to is JFC Breading. Either plain or tossed in some sauce, like below which is JFC Honey Garlic Wings.
Deep Frying Wings
I have a double basket Deep Fryer, so I do 1 lb per basket. Deep-Fried at 350 F for 10 – 12 minutes. Shake the Basket when you place them in and again after a few seconds to ensure separation of the wings.
Honey Garlic Sauce
The Sauce used for the Wings is JAH Quick Honey Garlic Sauce. Made up in as little as 5 minutes. Simply combine all the ingredients and bring to a boil. Set aside and allow to cool while the chicken is marinating.
With this Honey Garlic Sauce, I usually include 1 -2 tsp of Rice Flour. Just to thicken it somewhat for a good coating on the wings. You could double or triple this for a thicker sauce. Depending on how thin or thick you like it.
Honey Garlic Ginger Sauce
The Quick Honey Garlic sauce already contains a pinch of Ginger. To elevate the Ginger note, add minced Ginger to the Sauce or more Ginger Powder.
Spicy Honey & Garlic Sauce
Add a bit of Chili Oil, Sriracha, or other hot sauce.
Honey Garlic Wings
- Deep Fryer
- 2 lbs Chicken Wings
- 1 portion Quick Honey Garlic Sauce
Chicken Wing Dusting per 1 lb of Wings
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- Combine the dusting ingredients and sprinkle over the Wings in a large pot and toss really well. Refrigerate the Wings for 30 minutes or longer.
- While the Wings are resting, prepare the Quick Honey Garlic Sauce and set aside to cool.
- Deep Fry the Wings at 350 F for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Either serve the wings with Honey Garlic Sauce on the side or Place the wings into a bowl and toss with the desired amount of Sauce and serve.
- Iced CappEnjoy a Creamy Cold Refreshing Iced Capp at home any time. It’s a Coffee on Ice with additional ingredients to get those unique Flavors. I am still messing around with the ratios. But find this to be pretty close to Tim Hortons Iced Capp. Tim…
- Pasta PitasPasta Pitas are just something else! Brushed with Garlic Butter & sauced with Pasta Meat Sauce. Topped with torn Provolone Cheese for a Deliciously Greasy Treat. Oven baked, garnished and served. These are a very convenient snack right after making some Pasta Sauce using the…
- Pasta SauceRagu style Pasta Sauce simmered for 2 hours or more to develop the concentrated flavors for your favorite Pasta dishes. Made from Tomatoes & Juice, Soffritto, Tomato Paste, with a nice blend of Herbs & Spices and a lot of Basil. Resulting in a Delicious…