Tandoori Pork Kebabs
Tandoori Pork Kebabs are just the same as Tandoori Chicken Kebabs, using Pork instead of Chicken. Just dice the Pork, Marinate and Skewer to cook. You can also skip adding in the Yogurt for the marinade to get a spicier Pork Kebab, or use the Tandoori Masala directly on the Pork alone for an even hotter Tandoori Pork Kebab.
This recipe uses a JAH Product ~ Tandoori Masala. If you don’t have this, Kissan Tandoori Spice will work.
Although, it is preferable for fattier cuts of Pork to be used. Any cut of Pork will work here, even Pork Loin, which is very lean. The Papain in the Tandoori Masala will soften even lean cuts and give pretty good results.
You want about a quarter pound per Kebab, giving you 4 Kebabs from 1 lb of Pork, or a bit more.
Trim any excess fat and freeze to render out for other recipes, and dice the Pork into 1 inch.
Dice 1 lb of Pork Chops into 1 inch cubes. If using Bone in Pork Chops, save the bones for other recipes.
Combine the ingredients for the Tandoori Marinade. Marinate the Pork for 1–2 hours. The Marinade is enough to do about 1 lb of Pork or a bit more. If adding more, ensure that all the Pork gets a generous coating. The longer the marination time, the more tender the meat will get.
- 1/4 C Yogurt & Neutral Oil, each
- 2 Tbl Tandoori Masala
- 1 Tbl Lemon Juice
Sour Cream, Heavy Cream, or Coconut Milk can be substituted for the Yogurt in this marinade. A Neutral Oil is preferred, however 1 Tbl or so of Mustard Oil with the Neutral Oil works really well.
Tandoori Pork kebab Heat Level
This is a mild heat with the marinade and a medium heat without the marinade. For an even spicier Tandoori Pork Kebab, omit the Yogurt and even reducing the Oil to 1 Tbl or so. The Yogurt is what calms down the Heat and with this omitted the heat level goes up a bit.
You can also just use the seasoning on the Pork directly without any Oil or Lemon Juice for an even hotter Kebab. With just the Tandoori Masala, this will be the hottest you can get the kebabs. If you’re wanting even more heat, then add Hot Chilies, Kashmir, Deggi Mirch, Cayenne Pepper into the marinade or with the Tandoori Masala to season the Pork directly.
Kashmir Chilli Powder
If not using the marinade, you will still want to the Pork to sit or dry marinate for the Tandoori Masala to penetrate and season the meat before cooking. The papain will also assist in tenderizing the meat.
Tandoori Pork Skewers
Use steel skewers. Wooden skewers you have to soak overnight and are not worth the hassle. The steel skewers are stronger with no prep time and easy to clean. Lasting you a lifetime.
How to Cook Tandoori Pork Kebabs
No matter how you cook the Kebabs, ensure an internal temperature of 145 F or higher.
Rotisserie Tandoori Pork Kebabs
There are two ways you can cook the Tandoori Pork Kebabs. Either quickly for 15 minutes at a high heat (about 400F).
The other way is to cook slowly at 250 F for 55 minutes and then 400 F for 5–10 minutes just to get some char. The later will create very tender Pork Meat and is my preferred way of cooking the Tandoori Pork Kebabs using a Rotisserie.
Oven Tandoori Pork Kebabs
Preheat the oven to 450 F with the rack in middle position. Place the Kebabs on a rack over a baking sheet with a bit of water to avoid any fat dripping off and burning up. Place into the oven to cook anywhere from 13 to 15 minutes, flipping them over halfway through. Then optionally Broil to develop color or charring if needed. Remove and let cool.
These can also be slow cooked at 250 F for about 55 minutes and then broiled for charring.
Recipes with Tandoori Pork Kebabs
These are good just by themselves for a snack or lunch. For a complete meal, serve with some Rice or place them into some Naan Bread with Vegetables like the Tandoori Salad & Sauces. These can also be included in Butter Chicken for a Butter Pork Dish. Pretty much anywhere Tandoori Chicken Kebabs are used, Tandoori Pork Kebabs can be used instead.
Instead of Tandoori Chicken, add Tandoori Pork for a Butter Pork Dish. It’s just as good, and I sometimes opt for this.
Instead of Tandoori Chicken, add Tandoori Pork.
Tandoori Pork Kebabs
- 1 Rotisserie Unit with Kebab assembly
- 1 Marinating Bowl
- 1 lb Pork - Diced 1 inch
- 1/4 C Yogurt & Neutral Oil - each
- 2 Tbl Tandoori Masala
- 1 Tbl Lemon Juice
- Combine the Yogurt, Oil, Tandoori Masala & Lemon Juice and mix well.
- Remove any excess fat from the Pork and freeze to render out for other recipes, Dice the Pork into 1 inch cubes and add to the marinade. Toss well, cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Skewer Pork and place unto the Kebab rack. Cook at 250 F for 55 minutes. Afterward, raise the temp to 430 F and cook until the desired level of Char is achieved. Remove and let cool before serving.
Oven Slow CookedTandoori Pork Kebabs can also be cooked in the oven at 250 F for 55 minutes and then broiled until the desired level of Char is achieved. Place the Kebabs on a Rack, so they are lifted and can be flipped halfway through with some water in the pan to prevent the drippings from smoking.
Heat preferenceThe Yogurt marinade tones the heat down to a Mild heat. For an even spicier Tandoori Pork Kebab, omit the Yogurt or even more heat by using the Tandoori Masala directly on the Pork. You can also include Hot Chiles in the marinade or Kashmir Chilli Powder, Deggi Mirch or Cayenne Pepper with the Tandoori Masala or in the Marinade.
- Chimichurri BurgerChimichurri Burger with a seasoned ground Beef Patty, topped with Red or Green Chimichurri, diced Onions, Pickled Cucumbers or Dill Pickle slices, Mayonnaise on a Buttered & Toasted Brioche Bun. Chimichurri Make the Chimichurri first, since this will need time to meld the Flavors. It…
- Pickled CucumbersAllow your taste buds to know and enjoy these Refrigerator Pickled Cucumbers. Whether harmoniously paired with your gastronomic delights, such as Hamburgers, Chicken Burgers, Sandwiches, Hot Dogs & Sausages, Salads, used as a Relish or consumed as a snack. These Pickled Cucumber Slices will undoubtedly…
- Chimichurri ChickenChimichurri Chicken can be made with Chicken Breast or Chicken Quarters, Legs and/or Thighs. Just Salt & Pepper the Chicken to Sear for Breast or Bake for Quarters. Then ladle Green/Verde Chimichurri or Red/Rojo Chimichurri on top while the Chicken rest. Optionally marinate the Chicken…