Tandoori Chicken Wings
Beautiful Red Tandoori Seasoned Chicken Wings. Deep-Fried for about 10 minutes and coated in Samosa Dipping Sauce before serving.
Tandoori Chicken Wing Seasoning
The Seasoning used is JAH Tandoori Spice. Substitute with Kissan Tandoori Masala, if you do not have JAH Tandoori Spice. I use about 1/2 Tbl of JAH Tandoori Spice per lbs of Chicken Wings. You can use more if desired.
To this add 1 tsp Kosher Salt, Baking Powder, and Cornstarch for every 1 lb of Chicken Wings.
Toss to coat evenly and let rest 30 minutes to an hour. This Seasoning was created by J. Kenji López-Alt from Serious Eats originally for baked chicken wings. Which you can do here as well instead of deep-frying. However, the Seasoning mix also works quite well for lightly dusted Deep Fried Wings.
Mix well and allow to sit for some time before deep-frying the Chicken Wings for about 10 minutes.
Tandoori Chicken Wing Sauce
Use JAH Samosa Dipping Sauce in a large bowl big enough to hold the Wings and Sauce. Dump into a bowl and toss with Samosa Dipping Sauce to coat the wings evenly.
Add Red Food Coloring to the sauce to help bring the dominant red color through more. Use the excess sauce on the side for dipping.
Cooking Tandoori Chicken Wings
Preheat the Deep Fryer to 350 F – 375 F and Hold the temp for some time before deep frying.
Place the Chicken wings into the basket and lower into the oil. Give the Basket a shake a few times at the start and continue to deep fry for about 10 – 12 minutes.
Empty into a large bowl with the Samosa Dipping Sauce and Toss to coat the wings.
Any excess sauce can be served in a dipping bowl to serve along side.
Seeing how this incorporates J. Kenji López-Alt from Serious Eats seasoning for Baked Chicken wings. We can do the same here if you prefer baked Chicken wings.
His recipe originally does not use Cornstarch but he has since started adding it because it does help with the crisp factor for oven-baked wings.
He bakes the Chicken Wings at 450 F for about 20 minutes. He then flips them over and cooks an additional 15 – 30 minutes or until crisp, flipping a few more times towards the end.
Optionally you can bake at 250 F for 30 minutes to soften the fat before cranking the heat up to 450 F to cook until crispy, turning them over every so often.
Tandoori Chicken Wings
- Deep Fryer
- Turn the Deep Fryer on to 350F – 375 F and allow it to hold that temperature for about 10 – 15 minutes.
- In a Large Bowl, add Chicken Wings, Tandoori Spice, Salt, Baking Powder and Cornstarch. Toss to mix evenly and set aside until the Deep Fryer is ready.
- Prepare JAH Samosa Dipping Sauce and set aside to cool.
- Deep Fry the Chicken Wings for about 10 – 12 minutes and then Strain well and place into a Bowl with the Sauce and toss to coat evenly. Scoop out and Serve. Any excess Sauce can be served on the side.
- Pineapple ChickenChinese Pineapple Chicken that is better than any takeout. When you need your fix for some Chinese Food, this is one of those dishes. It’s a nice change up from the Classic Chinese Red Sweet & Sour Chicken Balls. It’s just so good. The Chicken…
- Chocolate Caramel Banana MilkshakeThis Milkshake has the addictive flavor combination of Chocolate & Caramel blended up into a Milkshake with Bananas and more Syrup drizzled on top for a Sweet Chocolate Caramel Banana Milkshake. It’s a blended Chocolate Caramel Banana Split! Chocolate Caramel Banana Milkshake Ingredients Made with…
- Party PizzaThis Sheet Pan Pizza or Party Pizza will make about 18 slices of Pizza per Tray! Double it up and place both into the oven side by side to get 36 slices of Pizza. Instead of two Party Pizzas, you can make one a Pizza…