The Tahini Burger is a 90 g Burger Patty. Topped with a Lebanese Tahini Sauce, Sliced Crisp Lettuce, Onions, and Tomatoes on buttered and toasted Buns.
This is a Tahini Sauce that is very popular with Lebanese Beef Shawarmas.
STANDARD BURGER INFORMATION
Check out my post on How to Make Burgers. Which discusses how to make the Burger Patties, their Sizes, How to cook, and the Seasonings for Burger Patties. Other topics include Toasting the Buns and Wrapping the Burgers, as well as freezing the Patties.
It’s an informative post outlining the various components that come together to create your burger. The Toppings & Sauces are up to you.
Tahini Burger Seasoning
Just the Salt & Black Pepper blend to season the Burger Patties.
You could also season the burgers with a Lebanese baharat/bharat or Shawarma Seasoning.
If the seasoning already contains salt, then no more needs to be added. If it does not, then add Kosher Salt in equal amounts to the seasoning.
Either way, make sure that you season the burger after searing. This preserves the flavor instead of burning them off during the sear.
Salt & Pepper Blend
- 1 Tbl Sea Salt
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 tsp White Pepper
What is Tahini
Tahini is Sesame Seeds ground to a paste, much like Peanut Butter, which uses peanuts. It is used as a dip, spread, condiment, or ingredient in other dishes like Hummus and Dressings.
The major health benefit of Tahini Sauce is that it is a very good source of Copper, Selenium, and Phosphorous. All of which improve heart health, reduce inflammation, help with iron absorption, and more.
Tahini Burger Sauce
The sauce on any burger is what shapes the flavor of a given burger. The Tahini Burger uses Tahini Sauce. Which is pretty much the same sauce that is served over Beef Shawarmas.
It consists mainly of Tahini, Lemon Juice, and Garlic. A bit of water to adjust the consistency. Peanut butter in place of Tahini can also be used for a Peanut Butter Burger.
The overall flavor of the sauce can easily be adjusted by adding more or less of the ingredients. Additional seasonings can be added to accent the sauce if desired. Such as Coriander & Cumin, or using a bit of the Lebanese Seasoning used on the Burger.
You can just throw the ingredients together for the Sauce. I much prefer using a Mortar and Pestle to really break the garlic down into the sauce and emulsify it a bit with the Lemon Juice and Sesame oil before adding in the Tahini and water mixed. If I have Aioli on hand, then I use that.
Another method of creating the Sauce is to combine Aioli and Tahini.
Other Sauces can be included with the Tahini Sauce for this burger. Such as Mayo or Mild Mayo Sauce.
Tahini Burger Toppings
Shredded Crisp Lettuce, Sliced Tomatoes, and Sliced Onions with the Rings intact, not separated. Dill Pickles are a very nice addition as well on these burgers.
What to serve Tahini Burgers with
- 1 Mortar and Pestle
- 1 Bowl
- 1 Skillet
- 4 90 g Beef Patties
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- handful Lettuce
- 1 Onion - Sliced with rings intact
- 1 Tomato - Sliced
- Salt & Pepper for Seasoning - See notes for other alternatives
- 1 Dill Pickles - Sliced, Optional
- 3 Tbl Tahini Sauce - or more
- 3 Tbl Water - or more to adjust consistency
- 1 Tbl Lemon Juice - or more
- 2 cloves Garlic
- 1 tsp Parsley
- 1/4 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Sesame Oil
- In a Mortar and Pestle, add the Garlic and Salt. Smash the Garlic and grind until a smooth paste. Add in the Lemon Juice and continue to grind until smooth. Add in the Sesame Oil and continue to mix until you get a smooth emulsified paste.Add in Tahini Paste and continue to mix in the mortar, it will thicken up, add water to thin. Add in remaining ingredients, mix and refrigerate until needed. Adjust the seasoning and consistency after it has rested, with more water if needed.
- Prepare the Vegetables and Butter the Hamburger Buns.
- Toast the Buns in a skillet over medium heat and set them all aside. Then Cook the Burgers.
- Assemble the Tahini BurgersBottom BunMayo or Mild Mayo – optionalLettuceTomato SliceOnion Slice – rings intact90 g Burger PattySliced Dill Pickles – optionalTahini Sauce on the Top Bun.
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your…
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken…
- Cream of Mushroom Pork ChopsCream of Mushroom Pork Chops is a simple and comforting dish with fork tender meat and a succulent savory Mushroom Gravy. This recipe is oven braised Pork Chops, with an unthickened Mushroom Gravy used to braise and thickened right before serving. Although there are different…