Taco Chip Dip
Taco Chip Dip is so good and simple to make. Whip the ingredients together, scoop it into a casserole dish, and top with cheese. Serve it with a big bag of Tortillas Chips or Doritos.
The first time I had this. I could not stop eating it. By the end of the night, it was all gone. It really is that good. I found myself making it over and over again until I had my fill.
Now I always come back to this. It’s just too good. It’s an excellent dish when hosting or serving at a gathering. I serve it up during the Holidays and a few times in between the Holidays too.
It makes a large Tray where you can set down with a side of Tortilla Chips.
Taco Chip Dip Ingredients
- Cream cheese
- Sour cream
- JAH Taco Seasoning or Old El Paso Taco Seasoning
These three ingredients are whisked together until nice and smooth before being scooped into a tray or shallow casserole dish. Then topped off with shredded Cheddar Cheese and refrigerated until ready to serve.
This is the base recipe to which other ingredients can be added to shape the dip.
This is the beautiful thing about this dip. You can serve this just as a simple dip or get complex with it adding in a layer of Taco seasoned meat, Refried Beans, and/or topping it off with Salsa.
You can even serve it hot. Place it into the oven to bake at 350 F for about 20 minutes. Remove and serve.
Taco Chip Dip Toppings
Top with Diced Onions, Tomatoes & Peppers or Pico De Gallo or even a bit of Salsa on top before adding the Cheese. Guacamole, Red Taco Sauce, Cilantro Cream Sauce, and other blends of cheese work too.
The go-to cheese is Cheddar Cheese. Although this can be exchanged with the Three Cheese Blend of Mozzarella, Cheddar, and Monterey Jack Cheese or the Tex Mex Cheese.
Any kind of Tortillas Chips can be used with this dip. To change things up a bit, you can substitute the tortillas chips with Nacho Doritos.
Some other uses for Taco Chip Dip
- Use for Cheese and Chops
- Base to place Nachos on for Taco Nacho Platters
- Thinned out with sour cream to squeeze over Nacho Platters, Taco Pasta, Spanish Rice, etc…
- In a Layered Dip with Taco Meat, Salsa, Refried Beans.
- Part of a Condiment for Tacos & Carnitas
- Spread for Crackers
- Quesadilla Sauce
- Spread for Celery Sticks
- Burrito Bowls
Taco Chip Dip
- 1 8 oz Cream Cheese – room temperature
- 1 8 oz Sour Cream
- 1 Pck Taco Seasoning
- Cheddar Cheese or Mixed
- Diced Onions, Tomatoes, Green Onions, Peppers – optional
- Combine all ingredients together in a mixer except the Cheddar Cheese. Mix until everything is blended well and Creamy.
- Spread dip out into a shallow casserole dish or pan in an even layer. Top with shredded Cheddar Cheese and optionally with diced Onions, Tomatoes, and Green Onions or Salsa to your liking.
- Refrigerate covered. When ready to Serve, lay out with some Tortilla Chips, Tostitos, or Doritos.