Rotisserie Chicken Pita Wrap
Rotisserie Chicken Pita Wrap from leftover Rotisserie Chicken or made from scratch. Stuffed inside a Steamed Pita Pocket with Deluxe Sauce & Vegetables. Add whatever Vegetables, Cheese or other Sauces you want for variations, then Stuff & Roll it into a Pita Pocket Wrap.
This recipe is a JAH Product recipe using Rotisserie Seasoning.
Whole Rotisserie Chicken
A whole Chicken, about 3-4 lbs. will make up about three meals for 2 people. Make about 6 good size Pita Pockets or break the Chicken down into the meals below. Use the leftover bones for chicken stock.
I usually use the Quarters for St Hubert’s or Swiss Chalet Quarter Piece Chicken Platter with Sauce & Fries. The Breast for this recipe made with Pita Pockets or Rotisserie Chicken Wrap. The other breast can be used for another Rotisserie Chicken Pita Wrap or a Hot Chicken Sandwich. Either way you do it, I usually reserve 1 or both breast for these Pita Pocket Wraps.
Rotisserie Chicken Breast
Use one Chicken Breast after cooking up a Rotisserie Chicken for these Wraps. Which will make up two pretty good size Pita Wraps. You can also make this up from scratch Seasoning one Chicken Breast with Rotisserie Seasoning and bake in the oven or grill.
Diced Rotisserie Chicken Breast
Just dice them up and add to the Salad or Stuff the Pita with the Rotisserie Salad and place the diced cold Chicken on top.
If you want them heated up, throw them into a pan to heat up over medium heat and add them Hot to the Pita with your choice of Vegetables & Sauces.
Rotisserie Chicken Quarters
Although I really do enjoy Chicken Quarters St Hubert or Swiss Chalet Style. Rotisserie Chicken Quarters can be used instead of Chicken Breasts. Either from previously cooked Rotisserie Chicken or from scratch with Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken Quarters baked in the oven.
If you’re making these from scratch, season the Chicken Quarters with Rotisserie Seasoning and Bake in a preheated oven at 375 F for 25 minutes. Flip them over and bake another 20 minutes for a total time of 45 minutes. Then shut the heat off but leave the Chicken in the oven for 15 – 20 minutes. Remove from the oven and let cool to strip the meat off the bone.
Rotisserie Chicken Quarters
Clean and Trim the Chicken Quarters and Season with Rotisserie Seasoning.
Stripped Rotisserie Chicken Quarters
Strip the Chicken off of the Bone and use to stuff the Pitas cold or heated up in a skillet until warmed through.
Steam either Homemade or store-bought Pita Bread until soft and tear along the edge to open the Pita Bread up into a pocket along the edge about 40 % of the way.
If there are any tears, place that side up. This is because the side with the most tears you will want to roll into the Pita Pocket and not have that on the outside. Otherwise place the more cooked side of the Pita Bread down with the less cooked side or the eye facing up.
A good sized Steamer Set large enough to hold the Pita Bread.
You can also empty the water out right after steaming the Pita Bread and reheat the Chicken in the pan for a Hot Rotisserie Chicken Wrap.
Steamed Pita Bread
Use a Steamer to Steam the Pita Bread just for a few seconds. You don’t need much water, maybe about 1 Cup. Heat over max heat and when steaming place the Pita bread in for about 15 seconds.
Remove with Tongs and tear along the edge to create the Pocket and separate gently to create the pocket.
Pita Wrap Spreads
There is two main places reserved for specific Spreads. These are Tzatziki & Guacamole or Hummus. The Tzatziki goes on the top inner flap and Guacamole or Hummus goes on the Bottom inside. Any other Sauces are drizzle over the Vegetables.
Add Tzatziki Sauce on the top inner flap if using.
This is always added on the bottom, inside the Pocket before any vegetables are added in.
The Hummus is spread in the same place as the Guacamole. Either Hummus or Guacamole is used here.
Rotisserie Chicken Pita Wrap Vegetables
Napa Cabbage is a really nice addition to Salads. It’s leafy towards the top, which is the only part we are interested in for the Salad. The Stalk or Stem part of the Napa Cabbage can be saved for Chop Suey, Pork Dumplings, Egg Rolls, and other recipes. Add in any Vegetables you want.
- Napa Cabbage
- Iceberg Lettuce
- Romaine Lettuce
- Shredded Carrots
- Onions (Green, Red, White, Yellow)
- Bell Peppers (Green, Orange, Red, Yellow)
Pita Wrap Cheeses
Provolone Cheese and/or Cheddar Cheese are my go to. But other types can include Monterrey Jack, Swiss Cheese, Marbled Cheese or a Three Cheese Blend.
Slice 1 slice of Provolone Cheese in half for each Rotisserie Chicken Pita Wrap.
Rotisserie Chicken Pita Wrap Sauces
There is all kinds of Sauces you can put on this. Placed into a squeeze bottle and drizzled over the Vegetables. The main Sauce I use for a Rotisserie Chicken Pita Wrap is the Deluxe Sauce.
This is the Classic Sauce that is drizzled over the Vegetables, with or without the Tzatziki and Guacamole. Combine the below ingredients for the Deluxe Sauce. It’s also excellent for a Burger Sauce on the Deluxe Burger.
- 1/2 C Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp White Vinegar & Rotisserie Seasoning
Pepper Zing Mayo Sauce
This Sauce is also used for the St Hubert’s Rotisserie Chicken Wrap made with a Flour Tortilla instead of a Pita.
St Hubert’s Chicken Wrap Sauce
- 1/4 C Hellman’s Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp Lemon Juice – or more for a zingy sauce
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper & Sea Salt – or more
Garlic Mesquite Mayo
This Sauce is also used for the Swiss Chalet Rotisserie Chicken Wraps made with a Flour Tortilla instead of a Pita.
Swiss Chalet Chicken Wrap Sauce
- 1/4 C Mayo
- 1 tsp Aioli
- Few drops of Mesquite Liquid Smoke
Mild Mayo Sauce
Mild Mayo Sauce is very good on Wraps, Subs, Sandwiches and Shawarmas. It combines Hellmann’s Mayonnaise with Red Greek Sauce and a bit of Sriracha Sauce for as Mild or Spicy as you like. I use this Sauce by itself with no additional Spreads or Sauces.
Mild Mayo Sauce
- 1/2 C Mayonnaise
- 1 Tbl Red Greek Sauce
- 1 tsp Sriracha Sauce or to Taste
Season the Chicken with Rotisserie Seasoning and use more to season the Rotisserie Chicken Pita Wrap in place of Salt & Pepper.
Typically Salt & Pepper is added to taste. But in the case with a Rotisserie Chicken Pita Wrap more Rotisserie Seasoning can be sprinkled on in place of to add extra flavors.
How to Build a Pita Wrap
This technique creates a stuffed Pita Pocket the same as Pita Pit. While you can stuff this any way or just place the Salad on top and fold, The Pita Pit way is really quite enjoyable and keeps everything in.
In the steps below the images come from various different Wraps, but is used to show the steps and where everything goes when assembling the Pita Wrap.
1~ Steamed Pita
Steam the Pita Bread just for a few seconds to soften it and open the edge about 40 % to create the pocket. If there are tears in the Pita bread, place the side with the most tears facing up. Otherwise place with the Eye facing up.
Spread Guacamole or Hummus inside the Pita bottom if adding.
Add your choice of Vegetables or an already made up Salad right in the middle section.
Slather Tzatziki Sauce on the top inside flap if desired.
Include whatever Cheese you like. Cheddar, Mozzarella, Provolone, Monterrey Jack, Swiss or other kinds.
Add Deluxe Sauce or another Sauce of choice across the filling and top flap.
7~ Rotisserie Chicken
Place the Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken on last. This can be added Cold or reheated for a Hot Pita wrap.
Sprinkle more Rotisserie Seasoning on to taste.
8~ Tuck & Roll
Flap over the top flap and tuck the filling towards the bottom and Roll the Pita Bread tight. Serve right away or wrap in waxed paper to serve later.
Salad Stuffed Pita Wrap
Another way to do this is to combine everything into a Salad with or without the Rotisserie Chicken and then just stuff the Pitas. The picture below has all the ingredients including the Chicken & Cheese stuffed into the Pita. Add your choice of Spreads & Sauces.
Rotisserie Chicken Pita Wrap Variations
It all starts with really good Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken. Add in whatever Vegetables & Sauces with or without Cheese. Build it any way you like and enjoy the bite.
Breast Meat with Deluxe Sauce
Made with Diced Rotisserie Chicken Breast mixed in with the Vegetables, Cheese and Deluxe Sauce added.
Rotisserie Chicken Quarters with Deluxe Sauce
Rotisserie Seasoned Chicken Quarters cooked in the oven and stripped off the bone to stuff these Rotisserie Chicken Pita Wraps with Deluxe Sauce.
Optionally with a spread of Guacamole.
Diced Rotisserie Chicken with Rotisserie Vinaigrette & Tzatziki
Rotisserie Salad Vinaigrette is used in the Salad and tossed with the Rotisserie Chicken with Tzatziki on the top inner flap.
Rotisserie Chicken Pita Wrap
- 1 Bowl – for the Vegetables
- 1 Steamer – for the Pita Bread
- 1 Whole Rotisserie Chicken Breast - or 2 Rotisserie Chicken Quarters / leftovers or already cooked
- 2 Pita Bread
- 3-4 C Mixed Salad Vegetables of your choice - See notes
- 2 Slices Provolone Cheese - Sliced in half
- 1/2 C Hellmann's Mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp White Vinegar
- 1/2 tsp Rotisserie Seasoning
- Prepare and wash all the Vegetables, strain well. Place into a bowl and set aside. Combine the ingredients for the Deluxe Sauce and set this aside. Chop or shred the Rotisserie Chicken and set this aside.
- Steam the Pita Bread and tear along the edge to open it up about 40 % of the way. Open the Pita up to create the pocket. If one side has more tears than the other, place that side up. Otherwise place the Pita Bread Eye up.
- Reheat the Rotisserie Chicken for a Hot Pita Wrap or use Cold for a Cold Pita Wrap.
- Start assembling the Rotisserie Chicken Pita Wrap; Place the Vegetables right in the middle zone.Add Provolone Cheese Slice or other types of Cheese on top.Drizzle Deluxe Sauce or other Sauces over the filling and partially over the top flap. Add Hot or Cold Rotisserie Chicken and sprinkle more Rotisserie Seasoning on top to taste. Fold over the top Flap and tuck everything tight towards the end of the Pita and roll tightly. Wrap in Waxed paper to hold or serve immediately.
- Pineapple ChickenChinese Pineapple Chicken that is better than any takeout. When you need your fix for some Chinese Food, this is one of those dishes. It’s a nice change up from the Classic Chinese Red Sweet & Sour Chicken Balls. It’s just so good. The Chicken…
- Chocolate Caramel Banana MilkshakeThis Milkshake has the addictive flavor combination of Chocolate & Caramel blended up into a Milkshake with Bananas and more Syrup drizzled on top for a Sweet Chocolate Caramel Banana Milkshake. It’s a blended Chocolate Caramel Banana Split! Chocolate Caramel Banana Milkshake Ingredients Made with…
- Party PizzaThis Sheet Pan Pizza or Party Pizza will make about 18 slices of Pizza per Tray! Double it up and place both into the oven side by side to get 36 slices of Pizza. Instead of two Party Pizzas, you can make one a Pizza…