Pork with Sage & Apples
Pork with Sage & Apples recipe. Tender Seasoned Pork Chops topped with an Apple Sage Gravy Sauce. Served with Stuffing and another side like waxed Beans, Peas, Carrots, etc… Using the Slow Cooker to blend and slow cook all of the components.
All of the ingredients are placed into a slow cooker. The Pork Chops are then seasoned with Salt and Pepper and Seared before going into the slow cooker with the remaining ingredients. It is then Slow Cooked to tender and removed and set aside. The sauce is then strained and thickened with a roux to serve over the pork chops.
Pork with Sage & Apples Variations
There are a couple of different ways to prepare this dish. The key to remember is that it is a Seasoned Pork with a Gravy that has an Apple Tone to it. This Recipe will work Stove Top or Done in the oven. Here we use the Slow Cooker.
If you want to skip the straining and are okay with a slightly chunky sauce. Place all the Vegetables into a Blender with the Broth and blend until smooth. Alternatively, you can chop the vegetables coarsely so they can be scooped out later.
You could also just use the seasoning to season the pork or mixed with the sauce and serve apple sauce on top by itself or mixed with the gravy. The Picture below used Homemade Apple Sauce.
Either way you choose. This results in a nice delicate light dish. That is quite pleasant. Optionally Serve with Caramelize Apple Slices. Just Cut Apple Slices, Sprinkle with Sugar and saute until done.
My next attempt at this will be to use some of my Apple Pie Spice. I’ll update the post if it turns out better.
Pork with Sage & Apple
- 4 Pork Chops
- 1 Onion Chopped
- 1 Carrot Chopped
- 1 Celery Chopped
- 2 Apples Chopped
- 1 C Chicken Stock or other Broth
- 2 Tbl Fat
- 2 Tbl Flour
- 1 Tbl Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Tbl Sage Leaves
- 1/2 Tbl Thyme
- 1 tsp Garlic Minced
- 1 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/4 tsp Black Pepper or more
- 1/2 tsp Allspice Ground
- 1/2 tsp Paprika
- Prepare the Vegetables & Apples and Place them into the Slow Cooker.
- Combine the Salt and Pepper and season the Pork Chops. Any left over salt and pepper goes into the slow cooker. Sear the Pork Chops and set aside. Deglaze the Pan with Broth and add to the slow cooker. Add everything else into the Slow Cooker except the Flour & Fat. This is to be used later to thicken the sauce. Mix Well. Add the Pork Chops and Slow Cook for 2 hours or more.
- Remove the Pork Chops and Strain the sauce. set this aside for now. The Pork Chops you can keep warm in the oven. In a Sauce pot add Fat and Flour on medium heat. Cook until just turning color. Slowly Add the Sauce. Mix well and continue to cook until thickened. Adjust Seasoning.
- Plate the Pork Chops and Serve Sauce on top.
- Chimichurri BurgerChimichurri Burger with a seasoned ground Beef Patty, topped with Red or Green Chimichurri, diced Onions, Pickled Cucumbers or Dill Pickle slices, Mayonnaise on a Buttered & Toasted Brioche Bun. Chimichurri Make the Chimichurri first, since this will need time to meld the Flavors. It…
- Pickled CucumbersAllow your taste buds to know and enjoy these Refrigerator Pickled Cucumbers. Whether harmoniously paired with your gastronomic delights, such as Hamburgers, Chicken Burgers, Sandwiches, Hot Dogs & Sausages, Salads, used as a Relish or consumed as a snack. These Pickled Cucumber Slices will undoubtedly…
- Chimichurri ChickenChimichurri Chicken can be made with Chicken Breast or Chicken Quarters, Legs and/or Thighs. Just Salt & Pepper the Chicken to Sear for Breast or Bake for Quarters. Then ladle Green/Verde Chimichurri or Red/Rojo Chimichurri on top while the Chicken rest. Optionally marinate the Chicken…