Put Some Pep in your Step with Peppy Eggs. It’s basically an Omelette with Pepperoni although other toppings can go on as well. Presented Open faced with the toppings and all to be displayed for a Beautiful and Tasty Dish.
Choose a Good Flavorful Fat like Bacon Grease, Infused Oils or Real Butter. Place about 1 Tbl into the Pan and wait for it to get hot before placing the Eggs in.
Good Quality Eggs. Support and Source them Locally.
Supermarket Eggs just don’t even compare. We have been so use to eating “Real Eggs” that when we made the supermarket ones we were hugely disappointed. I can’t Stress enough how important it is to get Good Quality Eggs from whoever is around in your area and Support Locally. It makes a big difference not only in the color but the taste too.
For the Recipe the Eggs are just mixed Lightly for a contrast of White and Yellow Color. you can scramble them more thoroughly if you wish. Even cook them longer if you want a crisp bottom.
The Eggs are combined with Chopped Green Onions before being placed into the Pan to cook.
When the Eggs hit the Pan, Place the Pepperoni on and Cheese before covering and shutting of the heat. Leave it on the burner and wait a minute or so until the Eggs have firmed up. Optionally wait a few minutes before shutting off the Heat if you want a crisp bottom.
Good Quality Pepperoni makes all the difference. Our Favorite Brand is Below. We use this on everything that requires Pepperoni and even snack on a few just as is. They are really good. We currently pick these up at Sobeys.
Place them on the Egg as Slices or Chop for Shredded Pepperoni and Sprinkle over top.
Peppy Eggs with a Wrap Game
Make it a Wrap to Go by Placing a Tortilla Bread on top right before covering with the Lid. Press it down a bit. Cover and Leave for 1 – 2 minutes or longer until the Egg has firmed up. Then Roll and Go. Or Flip it over and Fry the Tortilla bit, then Roll and Go.
If wanting to make a bunch of these. Wrap them up in Tin Foil and Refrigerate or Freeze.
To Cook, defrost the Wraps and Place into the Oven or Microwave to heat through.
Dip it in your Favorite Dipping Sauce .
- 2 Eggs
- 5 slices of Pepperoni – Good Quality
- 1 Green Onion – Chopped
- 1 Tbl Butter or Bacon Grease
- Cheddar Cheese
- Parmesan Cheese
- Salt & Pepper to Taste
- Place a Frying Pan with a Lid on Medium Heat with Butter or Bacon Grease. While the Pan is coming up to heat. Crack 2 Eggs into a Bowl and add the Chopped Green Onions, mix lightly.
- When the Pan is moderately hot. Add in the Scrambled Eggs and Immediately Place the Pepperoni on top, Cheddar Cheese, Sprinkle of Salt and Pepper and Place the Lid On. Shut the Heat off. Let the Pan sit there 1-2 minutes or longer until the Top has firmed.
- Remove From the Pan and Plate. Shred some fresh Parmesan on top and Garnish with Parsley and Aleppo or Chili Flakes.