Pasta Pitas are just something else! Brushed with Garlic Butter & sauced with Pasta Meat Sauce. Topped with torn Provolone Cheese for a Deliciously Greasy Treat. Oven baked, garnished and served. These are a very convenient snack right after making some Pasta Sauce using the leftover Sauce and that Provolone Cheese on top too. It just makes it. The whole thing comes together perfectly to deliver that Belly Smile.
Use either cooked Homemade Pitas or Store bought Pitas. Lay them down side by side on a baking sheet to start building these Pasta Pitas.
Our local middle eastern grocery outlet sell packages of 5 Pitas for $1.00 CAD and are freshly made and stocked all the time. It’s a really good deal and they’re very good. I usually pick up a few at a time and just freeze them until needed.
Homemade Pitas tend to puff up when baking, so watch for this and pierce the Air pocket with a fork.
Brushing the Pita Bread with Garlic Butter just gives that extra. Not only in the Garlic Punch but extra Greasiness too, it’s just beautiful.
The Garlic Butter is made up in 2 steps.
- The first step is to create Jar Aioli. This is what really packs a punch for those garlic flavors to come through in a Garlic Butter.
- The second step is Butter with all the Seasonings.
- Place one head of peeled Garlic Cloves into the Jar
- Add and purée
- 1/4 tsp of Sea Salt
- 1 tsp of Lemon Juice
- Then add the 1 Cup of Sunflower Oil and purée
- 1/2 C Jar Aioli
- 1/2 C Butter
- 1 tsp Parsley, Chives, Dehydrated Onion & Garlic Flakes
- 1/2 tsp Butter Popcorn Seasoning
- 1/4 tsp Dill weed & Aleppo Chili Flakes
Pasta Pita Sauces
Use leftover Pasta Sauce. This contains the Ground Beef added into the Sauce, with bits of Sausages and Pork or Steak if you added them in. Brush the Pita Bread with Garlic Butter before saucing with the Pasta Sauce.
Pasta Meat Sauce
leftover Pasta Sauce is used to Sauce the Pasta Pitas. With sliced Provolone Cheese torn into pieces and placed on top. Use about 1/3 C of Pasta Sauce per Pita Bread.
The Sauce already contains the meat added when serving this sauce for Spaghetti. Although you can top it off with more toppings if desired like Italian Deli Slices, Pepperoni or Salami.
Sliced Provolone Cheese torn into pieces and spread out on top. Optionally, use a Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese blend at a 3:1 ratio. Garnishing Cheeses can be added, using Parmesan or Romano.
Sliced Provolone Cheese
Use 1 – 2 slices and tear into pieces to top the Pasta Pitas.
Garnishing Pasta Pitas
Garnish these with Parsley & Aleppo Chili Flakes. Fresh Basil Leaves, Chili Flakes, Parmesan or Romano Cheese are all nice too.
How to Make Pasta Pita
If you made Spaghetti recently, then you already have the Garlic Butter & Pasta Meat Sauce. All that’s left is the Pita Bread, and that can be picked up instead of making it from scratch. Now it’s just as simple as preheating the oven to 450 F and assembling the Pasta Pitas. Lay the Pitas out on a baking sheet and start putting it together.
Brush Garlic Butter all the way to the outside of the Pita Bread.
Pasta Meat Sauce
Spread about 1/3 C of leftover Pasta Meat Sauce out for each Pita Bread.
Tear small pieces of 1 – 2 Provolone Cheese Slices and place on top for each Pita Bread.
Oven Fresh Pasta Pita
Bake in preheated 450 F oven, middle rack, for 5 minutes. Optionally broil the top if desired.
Garnish with Parsley & Aleppo or Chili Flakes. Optionally, add some Parmesan.
If using Homemade Pita Bread, watch for the Air Pockets and pierce them with a fork or knife to avoid large bubbles. Store bought Pitas don’t really puff up like homemade ones do.
- 1 Baking Sheet
- 1 Brush
- Preheat the oven to 450 F with the rack in middle position.When ready, place the Pita Bread on the baking sheet. Brush with Garlic Butter Spread out Pasta SauceTop with torn pieces of sliced Provolone Cheese
- Place into the oven to bake for 5 minutes. Optionally broil the top for a few seconds if needed for color.Watch for Air pockets that will need to be popped, especially with homemade Pitas.
- Remove & Plate. Garnish with Parsley & Aleppo or Chili Flakes and Enjoy.
- Chimichurri BurgerChimichurri Burger with a seasoned ground Beef Patty, topped with Red or Green Chimichurri, diced Onions, Pickled Cucumbers or Dill Pickle slices, Mayonnaise on a Buttered & Toasted Brioche Bun. Chimichurri Make the Chimichurri first, since this will need time to meld the Flavors. It…
- Pickled CucumbersAllow your taste buds to know and enjoy these Refrigerator Pickled Cucumbers. Whether harmoniously paired with your gastronomic delights, such as Hamburgers, Chicken Burgers, Sandwiches, Hot Dogs & Sausages, Salads, used as a Relish or consumed as a snack. These Pickled Cucumber Slices will undoubtedly…
- Chimichurri ChickenChimichurri Chicken can be made with Chicken Breast or Chicken Quarters, Legs and/or Thighs. Just Salt & Pepper the Chicken to Sear for Breast or Bake for Quarters. Then ladle Green/Verde Chimichurri or Red/Rojo Chimichurri on top while the Chicken rest. Optionally marinate the Chicken…