Someone asked have you ever tried Newfie Poutine to which I replied no what is it? He proceeded to tell me that it was just like a regular Poutine but with Chicken and Stuffing and some add Green Peas. This sparked my curiosity thinking this is like a Thanksgiving leftover platter, how interesting. So sometime later, my mind thinking about it, I made it and WOW! This is so good. So much comfort when eating this.
This is absolutely one of the best ways to use leftovers after a Turkey Dinner provided there is still some Stuffing left. If not make some more. You can swap this out with chicken any day of the week. If you have this after a Turkey Dinner, everything is already made for you. So it’s an excellent way to bring together your Leftovers to create another dish.
Newfie Poutine Ingredients
Use only a little of each ingredient. This Newfie Poutine Builds up fast. I use a Cheese blend of shredded Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese at a 3:1 ratio. It’s so much better than just regular Mozzarella Cheese and the Provolone just gives it that little extra.
The ingredients are
- French Fries – Homemade Fries or store bought
- Stove Top/Stuffing
- Cheese Blend & JFC Gravy.
Newfie Poutine Toppings
The addition of Green Peas, Waxed Beans, Carrots, Corn, Bacon, Onions, or any other leftovers that might go well with this dish can be placed on top.
Takes a long time to make and needs to be deep fried but these are really good.
Air Fry store bought French Fries.
Use either Homemade Stuffing or Stovetop to top the Fries.
Newfie Poutine Chicken or Turkey
Leftover Chicken or Turkey is used to top the poutine. That’s what makes this dish so great after the holidays. It uses up the leftovers. Although it doesn’t have to be. This can be enjoyed any time of the year by Baking the chicken pieces to be stripped off the bone and used.
This is an excellent recipe for making up some fresh chicken for the Newfie Poutine.
Use 1 Chicken Quarter or 2 Legs for each portion.
Newfie Poutine Gravy
We like to use JAH Frickin Good Chicken Breading to make the gravy. Otherwise use a standard Chicken or Turkey Gravy.
Mozzarella Cheese Blend
The shredded cheese blend of High Moisture Saputo Mozzarella & Provolone Cheese at a ratio of 3:1 is fantastic on poutines.
Mozzarella Cheese Blend
Made by combining 3 Cups of Saputo Mozzarella Cheese and 1 Cup of Provolone Cheese.
How to make Newfie Poutine
Make sure you have everything ready to go and hot by the time the Fries are done. Stovetop made, Gravy and Chicken or Turkey heated up. Deep Fry or Air Fry the French Fries and assemble the plate.
You don’t need much at all as this stacks pretty good. It will seem like you are not putting enough on. But only a little of each ingredient is needed.
Either Deep Fried or Air Fried.
Chicken or Turkey
With leftover Meat or made fresh and stripped off the bone.
Homemade or Boxed Stovetop.
Mozzarella Cheese Blend with 3:1 shredded Mozzarella & Provolone.
Gravy & Garnish
Use leftover Chicken or Turkey Gravy or use JFC Gravy.
Garnish with Parsley or other vegetables on top.
- 1 Deep Fryer
- 1 Saucepot for the gravy
- 1 lb. French Fries
- 1 box Stove Top Stuffing - prepared
- 1 portion Gravy - prepared
- 1 lb. Leftover Turkey or Chicken
- As Desired Mozzarella Cheese Mix - 3:1 Mozzarella Cheese & Provolone
- Green Peas, Waxed Beans etc.. - Optional
- Deep Fry French Fries and heat up the Gravy & Meat.
- Place Fries on plate – keep it a small portion. This builds fast.Add some warmed Turkey or Chicken Meat. Sprinkle over some warmed Stove Top/Stuffing.Add Mozzarella Cheese Blend.Pour Gravy over top – Garnish with Parsley, optionally add some cooked Peas, Waxed Beans etc. and Serve.
- Burrito BowlThis Taco Burrito Bowl is made with all the same ingredients used to make a Taco Burrito. All layered in a Plate, Bowl or Tortilla Bowl. Place everything out on the table, so everyone can build their own with some Soda and enjoy a Family … Read more
- Aioli Pork ChopsAioli Pork Chops are just Phenomenal! These Pork Chops are marinated in an Aioli Marinade using the Jar version of it. Where everything is placed into a Jar and puréed with an Immersion Blender. Slow cooked until fork tender. Just as they come out of … Read more
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your … Read more