Meatball Side Platter
Meatball Side Platter with many variations to suit your mood. The idea for the Meatball Platter is that it’s Meatballs with Sauce and a Side as a medium.
This is a beautiful dish with all the parts in synchronicity with each other as well as being visually stunning. That aside. This is also a fulfilling dish. It offers good sized meatballs. Enough to fill you along with a Side and Sauce to help everything go down.
There is all kinds of variation I have planned for this. The one I am posting now is.
The Italian Based version. Delicious Meatballs on top of a thin layer of Sour Cream and topped off with Tomato Sauce served with a Garlic Buttered Pasta and Garlic Bread.
Another is the Mexican version where the meatballs are a mix with Taco Seasoning served on some Sour Cream and it’s Salsa or Taco Sauce on top along with Guacamole if desired. Served with a side of Taco Seasoned Pasta/Rice or Spanish Rice.
Middle Eastern Meatball Platter or Greek inspired one with Tzatziki Sauce and Greek Pasta or Salad.
Country Style Meatballs with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy inspired by Fraser Farm. For those of us who grew up on this. This was awesome! I admit now though, not that great. But my version… Is going to bring you back Home.
Plenty more too. Which will be posted as I go.
They can be any size you want but they should be the main focal point. We usually use 1 1/2 Tablespoons to scoop out the mix. You can go slightly larger or smaller as desired.
The Sauce should play well with all other components bringing them together through the Sauce. What is desired is to slide the side over to the sauce.
The Side should be something that naturally goes with the Meatballs & Sauce. It serves the purpose of a medium.
Italian Based Meatball Side Platter
For the Italian Based Meatball Side Platter. I use the Meatballs & Sauce from JAH Meatball Oven Sub post. Be sure to have the Meatballs & Sauce ready to go.
For the Pasta, you can just Boil any Pasta you’d like and then Pan Fry in a saute pan with some Garlic Butter.
An alternative is to make a roux with 3 Tbl Garlic Butter with 3 Tbl Flour. Add 1 C Milk & 1 Cup Chicken Broth with a dash of nutmeg or anything else you might like. Adjust the Seasoning.
Italian Meatball Side Platter
- 1 Prepared Meatballs – Link in notes
- 4 servings of Pasta
- Tomato Pasta Sauce – Few options in notes
- Sour Cream as needed
- Garlic Butter or Alfredo/Bechamel Sauce for the Pasta – See notes
- Prepare your Meatballs or Follow the Instructions for the Meatball Recipe in the Notes.
- While the Meatballs Cook. Prepare your Tomato Pasta Sauce or use one of the recipes provided below in the notes.
- Cook Pasta according to instructions and Prepare the Sauce for it. Use Garlic Butter, Alfredo Sauce or any other sauce you'd like – see notes
- Place some Sour Cream on the side of the plate and slide it across with a spoon to create a bed for the Meatballs. Place the Cooked Meatballs on Top of the Sour Cream and Sauce the Meatballs with Tomato Pasta Sauce.
- Plate the Garlic Pasta or Alfredo Pasta on the side and serve with Garlic Bread.