Refreshing homemade Kiwi Drink with some viscosity, much like a Smoothie. This recipe is super easy to make and ready in about 5 minutes.
This recipe uses frozen Kiwi. Whenever I buy Kiwis and don’t get through them in time. I freeze them until I have enough to make this Kiwi Drink. Turns out the Frozen Kiwi makes for a smoothie style drink.
The freezing also helps for the Drink to start out really cold but it also makes it extremely easy to remove the flesh. Cut these in half and squeeze out the Kiwi. It’s that simple.
I use about 2-3 Kiwis per Cup of Water.
Add Sugar or Honey if you prefer, for sweetness. Use about 1 Tbl of Sugar or Honey per Cup of Water. You can certainly add more to taste if your looking for something sweeter.
Lemon Juice brings the acidity to the drink but not too much just enough to lighten it a bit. Use about 1 tsp or more per Cup of Water, depending on how Sour you want it.
Straining Kiwi Drink
If you don’t mind the seeds then by all means drink as is. However if you want a smoother drink then strain through a fine sieve.
With a spoon stir inside the fine sieve to move things around for faster straining. Pour and Serve.
Cream Kiwi Drink
Cream, Milk or Yogurt can be added for extra creaminess. Just add and mix to taste.
Add a scoop of Ice cream or Frozen Yogurt on top!
Popsicles or Creamsicles
These make for excellent Popsicle as they are naturally creamy or with added Cream or Yogurt for Kiwi Creamsicles.
Just pop them into your Popsicle mold and freeze. Additionally you can freeze these as Ice Cubes and add them to other fruit Drinks.
Kiwi Drink Combinations
The Drink can also be combined with other Juices for a variety of Kiwi & Fruit Drinks. Orange Juice, Apples, Mango, Pineapple and other fruits. Even Mint, Syrups and Lemon or Lime Soda can be added.
- 3 Frozen Kiwis
- 1 C Water
- 1 Tbl Sugar
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Take out the frozen Kiwifruit and let thaw a bit. Cut the Frozen Kiwis in half and squeeze the kiwis out into the blender.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Strain through a fine Sieve, adjust the Sugar and Lemon.
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your…
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken…
- Cream of Mushroom Pork ChopsCream of Mushroom Pork Chops is a simple and comforting dish with fork tender meat and a succulent savory Mushroom Gravy. This recipe is oven braised Pork Chops, with an unthickened Mushroom Gravy used to braise and thickened right before serving. Although there are different…