JAH Energy Drink
JAH Energy Drink with some Tang and Caffeine to get you started in the morning. The Featured Image is a Homemade version of Powerade and the Real Powerade.
I experimented with this because I wanted to drop the Coffee which has the Cream and Sugar in it that I sip on every few minutes throughout the day, which isn’t good. But I still wanted that pick me up. So I set out to create my own version of an Energy Drink.
With this Drink like a Caffeinated Powerade or Gatorade with Vitamins. I could skip the Triple Triple Coffee and still get the Wake up. I think it’s an excellent way to first stop the Coffee, then slowly drop the Caffeine. But I guess we will see. Either way it’s a good drink.
This drink is built up in stages with the first stage being like a Powerade. The Second Stage is added Vitamins or Ingredients commonly found in Energy Drinks and the Last stage is the Caffeine Spike. At any stage Carbonation can be added.
JAH Energy Drink Stages
The Cool thing about this recipe is that the Drink is in powdered form. Just Mix It and Store it away. When you want to make a bottle. Add the Drink Powder to a Powerade or Gatorade Bottle and fill with Water.
For Carbonation the Drink Powder can be added to Carbonated water, Sprite or 7 Up instead of Water at any Stage.
Make a Big Batch and Ziploc it or store in a container and add to taste. If doing it this way don’t add the Caffeine Pills but drop them into the drink instead to dissolve.
Base Drink – Powerade
This is the First Stage of the Drink. Just the Same as a Powerade or Gatorade.
In Fact I compared it to Powerade and to much of my surprise. This homemade version taste better. At least to me. I prefer this drink and will now make it at home all the time.
It is a Blend of Just the
- Potassium/ Cream of Tartar
- Citric Acid
- Add to this any flavor of Koolaid or Juice mix.
The Taste is almost the same with the Powerade tasting lighter. I imagine if you were after the same, you could just add in 1 Tbl of the Koolaid or Tang mix. I like the extra flavor so I keep it at 2 Tbl.
Second Stage – Health Spike
With added Sodium Ascorbate (Vitamin C), Vitamin B Complex and Licorice Root to create the next Stage of the Drink. These components come together for added Health Benefits.
There are some concerns with regular consumption of Licorice Root. Some studies suggest that long term use may cause issues and other studies show numerous health benefits.
It is used quite a bit in Chinese Medicine. You can find it at a Chinese Supermarket like T&T or at your local Health Store I believe.
I have added it because I am testing it for myself. Plus I love the extra it brings to the drink. But you can skip this completely if unsure.
Vitamin C and B Complex
With the Vitamin C and B Complex there are no issues with long term consumption as these are water soluble. In Fact there is strong evidence that would suggest a high dose of vitamin C has numerous health benefits. For me this is an extra way of getting more vitamin C.
I use Sodium Ascorbate in powdered form.
The Vitamin B Complex should include your B3, B6 and B12 vitamins.
Magnesium can be added as well which has numerous health benefits. Just don’t add too much or else you will be running to the bathroom uncontrollably. But a small amount on a regular basis can help with staying regular.
Energy Drink Ingredients
(Regular Version) Carbonated Water, High Fructose Corn Syrup, Citric Acid, Taurine (1000mg), Sodium Citrate, Natural Passionfruit Flavor With Other Natural Flavors, D-Ribose, L-Carnitine, Caffeine, Sodium Hexametaphosphate, Pectin, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Inositol, Gum Arabic, Monopotassium Phosphate, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate, Ester Gum, Panax Ginseng Root Extract, Calcium Disodium Salt of EDTA (protects freshness), Sucralose, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (Vitamin B6), Beta-Carotene (Color), Folic Acid, Cyanocobalamin (Vitamin B12).
Taurine can be purchased at your local health store and added to the drink as well. This is an ingredient always used in Energy Drinks.
The Other ingredients in Energy Drinks include D-Ribose, L-Carnitine among others. All of which you can add if you want.
Last Stage – Energy Spike
I knew I still wanted the Caffeine and so added to the drink a Caffeine Pill. These you can pick up at your local drug store for pretty cheap.
Caffeine Pill crushed and ground and included in the Drink or just dropped in and allowed to dissolve.
Carbonation can be added or use 7 UP or Sprite for the Carbonation at any Stage of the Drink.
- The Average 8 oz Coffee has about 95 mg of caffeine.
- The NOS Energy Drink has about 160 mg per 16 oz.
- The 5 Hour Energy Drink Shot has 200 mg per 2 oz.
- Starbucks Pike Place Roast has 310 mg per 16 oz.
- Starbucks Americano Coffee has 225 mg per 16 oz.
- Dunkin Donuts Coffee with Expresso Shot has 398 mg per 20 oz.
Different Flavors for JAH Energy Drink
The Flavors can be adjusted by using different Koolaid mixes as well as mixing Juices. While Testing this I used Orange and Cherry. You can also mix these as you please.
For the Orange I used 1 Tbl of Orange Koolaid and 1 Tbl of Orange Tang.
Or just use 2 Tbl of Tang
I used 2 Tbl of Cherry Koolaid.
If mixing with Juices then drop the Koolaid mix out as you will now be getting the flavoring from the Juices.
Passion Fruit Juice can be added as well as other Fruit Juices. Passion fruit is in the Popular NOS Energy Drink.
Cranberry Juice can be added for Tartness.
Lemon and Lime Juice can be used for added acidity and zest.
JAH Energy Drink
- 710 ml Water - – Powerade Bottle
- 2 Tbl Koolaid Powder - – Any Flavor
- 4 + 1/8 tsp Sugar
- 1/4 + 1/8 tsp Citric Acid
- 1/4 tsp Sodium Ascorbate - – Vitamin C
- 1/8 tsp Sea Salt or Himalayan Salt - – Mineral Salts
- 1/8 tsp Licorice Root
- 1/8 tsp Cream of Tartar - – Potassium
- Vitamin B Complex - B3, B6 and B12
- 1 Caffeine Pill - – Optional – Grounded or dropped into the drink
- Mix All Dry Ingredients together and place into an empty Powerade/Gatorade Bottle.
- Fill with Water and Mix really well and Enjoy!
- Aioli Pork ChopsAioli Pork Chops are just Phenomenal! These Pork Chops are marinated in an Aioli Marinade using the Jar version of it. Where everything is placed into a Jar and puréed with an Immersion Blender. Slow cooked until fork tender. Just as they come out of…
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your…
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken…