Honey Mustard Chicken
Delicious Baked Honey Mustard Chicken with additional seasoning for different takes on the dish. The sauce is really good on chicken wings too. Just cook the sauce down to a thicker consistency and coat the wings.
Be sure to clean and trim the Chicken Legs. For help with this check out my post on how to clean and trim chicken.
The Sauce consists mainly of Honey and Mustard at equal proportions with additional seasoning for added flavor.
The Seasoning is up to you. You can choose to follow the recipe or substitute the Curry Powder and optionally Garlic with your own choice of Seasoning. We have used JAH Poly Seasoning with this dish as well, which really works well as does Rosemary.
Seasoning -Honey Mustard Chicken
For Variations, the following seasonings can be added to add extra flavor and depth to the dish along with Salt & Pepper.
- Curry Powder
- JAH Poly Seasoning
- Aleppo Pepper
- Chili Flakes
- Garlic Cloves
- Sansho Pepper
Raw Honey is used and is recommended for this recipe. However, if you don’t have this on hand. It can be substituted with Corn Syrup or a mix of Sugar and Water.
Baking – Honey Mustard Chicken
Combine the Sauce ingredients and coat the chicken Thighs & Legs. Then place the chicken with sauce into a casserole pan. Bake in the oven preheated at 375 F covered with Tin Foil to prevent burning for 30 minutes. After 30 minutes remove the Tin Foil and Baste the Chicken with the sauce and continue to cook uncovered for 15 minutes. Baste the Chicken again and place it back into the oven and shut the heat off. Leave the chicken for 15 minutes. Take the chicken out and baste again before serving. Optionally with some sauce on the side.
Honey Mustard Chicken
- 4 Chicken Legs & Thigh
- 1/3 C Raw Honey
- 1/3 C Mustard
- 3 cloves Garlic Chopped
- 1 Tbl Lemon Juice
- 1 Tbl Oil
- 1 tsp Curry Powder – or use your preferred seasoning
- 1/2 tsp Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp Black Pepper
- Combine all the ingredients together and coat the chicken.
- Place into a Casserole Pan (Chicken and Sauce) and cover with tin foil
- Bake in preheated oven at 375 F for 30 minutes
- Remove the Tin Foil and baste the Chicken with sauce and continue to bake for 15 minutes.
- Take the Chicken out and baste with Sauce. Place back into the oven and Shut the oven off but leave the chicken in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Take the Chicken out, Baste again then Serve
Combine the sauce ingredients and cook down to a thicker sauce. Toss cooked wings in sauce.