Real Homemade Cranberry Juice is a very effective home remedy for UTI. This recipe uses whole Cranberries and Distilled Water. Raw Honey may be added. This drink has no additives or added sugar and is quite Tart. It works really well to remedy any UTI issues and quickly too.
Drinking a lot of Cranberry juice has shown to interfere with some medication. If in doubt, verify with your doctor to confirm if it is safe to do so.
Myth or Not
I have seen other articles on why this might be a myth, as to which I completely ignore. It just isn’t debatable for me. The evidence is my own experience. I know that is not evidence to you, so I will point out the fact that common medication for UTI include Cranberries in some form or another and is usually the main component. But the real test is for you to test it yourself and see.
Should you find yourself in the situation of experiencing this, which is quite common. Make a batch of this up and follow the regime and verify it for yourself. The earlier you catch this, the more effective.
What is UTI
UTI is short for Urinary Tract Infection and is caused by Bacteria and in rare cases Fungi that has infected any part of the urinary tract system. Most infections involve the bladder, with E Coli often being the cause of UTI. Women are at greater risk.
When the bladder is infected, it causes inflammation and soreness, much like how your throat gets sore when you have a cold.
- Sharp, piercing pain in the bladder region or right below the belly button that intensifies as you urinate.
- Frequent need to urinate.
- Urine that appears cloudy, although not always an indication.
- Passing small amounts of urine and greater frequency.
- Blood in the urine. This can be a sign of a more serious issue. Visit your local hospital immediately. At the very least, to identify the cause.
This is usually treated with Antibiotics, which are extremely powerful.
For UTI Infection, which is quite common with a simple remedy such as Cranberry Juice. I am of the firm belief that this remedy should be your first course of action to resolve UTI before seeking medical help. In some circumstances, this may be the only course.
Why Cranberry Juice Works
From my understanding, it creates a slick membrane on the bladders wall surface that makes it difficult for the Bacteria that are responsible for UTI to stick too, in effect flushing them out. It really does work and, in about 8 hours, for mild or even moderate infection.
The earlier you catch it, the better. Just keep drinking cranberry juice with lots of water in between to flush out the bladder.
Homemade Cranberry Juice
While store bought Cranberry Juice can work. I find it less effective. The added sugar doesn’t help either.
Buy frozen or fresh cranberries and add them to this distilled water to blend.
Distilled water contains no trace minerals or other additives. It is the purest form of water. It actually helps to absorb the contents of the cranberries more efficiently and deliver it to your body more readily.
Once well blended. Strain through a fine sieve and drink. You can add sugar if desired, however, it is not recommended. Sugar can prolong the infection as it is a source of food for bacteria. Which is why in some cases an excessive consumption of sugar can trigger UTI, at least in my experience. If you must, then add Raw Natural Honey, which has antibacterial properties.
Once you feel a bit of an infection coming on. Drink 1 Glass of the Homemade Cranberry Juice by itself. With lots of Distilled Water to start flushing out. Drink another Glass of Cranberry Juice a couple of hours later and repeat until the infection is gone.
In some persistent cases, you may have to double the batch. Just repeat until the infection is gone. To be thorough, have a small glass of cranberry juice each morning and night afterward to ensure a complete flush after the symptoms seem to have gone, for a few days.
This has always worked for my Family, Friends, and Myself, and never once had to seek medical help. The Symptoms usually disappear pretty quickly.
Cranberry Juice As a Drink
If making this for just a drink because of the health benefits of it which include fighting age related health complications, heart health, digestive issues. Combine the Cranberry Juice with Lemon and Orange Juice or Soda Pops like Sprite, Ginger Ale. With or without added Sugar or Honey.
One of our favorites for the holidays is Cranberry Soda Drink.
But as with anything, always in moderation. Excessive consumption of not just Cranberry Juice can cause health issues in itself.
- 1 Blender
- 1 lbs Cranberries
- 5 C Water
- Raw Honey to taste - Optional
- Wash the Cranberries and place into the Blender with Distilled Water. Blend for a few minutes.
- Pass through a fine sieve and store in the fridge.
- Drink a Glass of Cranberry Juice followed by a glass of distilled water, and repeat throughout the day until all the cranberry juice is gone. Make another batch if symptoms persist, and repeat until symptoms are no longer there.
- Chimichurri BurgerChimichurri Burger with a seasoned ground Beef Patty, topped with Red or Green Chimichurri, diced Onions, Pickled Cucumbers or Dill Pickle slices, Mayonnaise on a Buttered & Toasted Brioche Bun. Chimichurri Make the Chimichurri first, since this will need time to meld the Flavors. It…
- Pickled CucumbersAllow your taste buds to know and enjoy these Refrigerator Pickled Cucumbers. Whether harmoniously paired with your gastronomic delights, such as Hamburgers, Chicken Burgers, Sandwiches, Hot Dogs & Sausages, Salads, used as a Relish or consumed as a snack. These Pickled Cucumber Slices will undoubtedly…
- Chimichurri ChickenChimichurri Chicken can be made with Chicken Breast or Chicken Quarters, Legs and/or Thighs. Just Salt & Pepper the Chicken to Sear for Breast or Bake for Quarters. Then ladle Green/Verde Chimichurri or Red/Rojo Chimichurri on top while the Chicken rest. Optionally marinate the Chicken…