Coulis GMT is your standard American Goulash with Pepper Coulis. This adds a very nice touch of Peppers throughout the Dish.
There are so many ways to tweak this recipe and that is probably why it has remained a favorite in so many homes for so long as well as its ease and simplicity. Here we are combining Pepper Coulis with Crushed Tomatoes to create the Sauce for GMT – Ground Meat, Macaroni, and Tomatoes.
I add in some Chopped Tomatoes, Onions, Salt, and Black Pepper with Parsley. That’s it. Very simple seasoning and yet an exquisite taste coming from the Pepper Coulis mixed with Tomatoes.
Typically Ground Beef is used but can be cut substituted with Ground Pork, Chicken or Turkey.
Sausages taken out of the casing and cooked is really good with this dish. It goes extremely well with the Pepper Flavors.
Cook this over high heat breaking it apart but not too much. Once the Ground meat is Cooked halfway through. Add in the Onions and Tomatoes and Stir to mix. Cook for a few minutes.
Then, don’t stir but let it cook over the high heat until it creates a fond on the bottom. You will hear the meat start to crackle. When this happens then add the sauce in to pick up the fond and give the sauce even more flavor.
Macaroni is typically always used but can be substituted with any short Pasta.
Once the Macaroni goes in. Start cooking the beef. Both should be ready at pretty much the same time. Which is perfect, just combine, adjust the seasoning and serve.
Don’t rinse the Macaroni under cold water. You want the Macaroni to stay hot. Just strain and add it back into Pot for the Sauce and Meat to go in.
Crushed Tomatoes is the first part of the Sauce. But I also include diced Tomatoes along with Diced Onions and think it gives the dish a nice touch. If you want a runnier sauce add in Tomato Juice or Sauce.
If you want a roast taste. Roast some Tomatoes in the oven to combine with the Pepper Coulis Sauce.
Pepper Coulis is the second part of the Sauce and is added in equal amounts to the Crushed Tomatoes. It’s a summertime dish with Fresh Peppers and goes extremely well with this dish, bringing extra high note flavors and a zing creating a Summertime GMT or Goulash.
- 3 C Macaroni
- 2 C Pepper Coulis
- 2 C Crushed Tomatoes
- 1 lbs Ground Beef
- 1 Tbl Parsley
- 1 Tomato Diced
- 1 Onion Diced
- Sea Salt & Black Pepper to taste
- Prepare the Coulis and Combine with Crushed Tomatoes, Add in Parsley, Salt & Pepper to Taste. Set aside for now. Dice the Onions and Tomatoes and set aside.
- Bring a Pot of water to Boil on a back burner. Once boiling add the pasta, cook until just done.
- While the Pasta is cooking. Cook the Ground Meat on Max Heat in a large Wok or Skillet. Once the meat is cooked halfway through add in the Chopped Tomatoes and Onions. Toss around and continue to cook until the Meat is just cooked through. Then without stirring allow the meat to create a fond on the bottom of the pan, just a few minutes. Add in the Set aside Sauce and Stir well to incorporate the Fond. Once the Sauce is Hot and Heated Through, which won't take long, shut the heat off. By this time your Macaroni should be ready, if not just keep the sauce warm.
- When the Macaroni is ready. Strain but don't rinse the Macaroni in cold water. Just Strain it and Place the Hot Macaroni back into the pot and dump the Hot Sauce & Meat into the Pot. Mix well. Make any final adjustments to the Seasoning and Serve with a Fresh Slice of Buttered Bread or two.
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your…
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken…
- Cream of Mushroom Pork ChopsCream of Mushroom Pork Chops is a simple and comforting dish with fork tender meat and a succulent savory Mushroom Gravy. This recipe is oven braised Pork Chops, with an unthickened Mushroom Gravy used to braise and thickened right before serving. Although there are different…