BBQ Sauced Wings
BBQ Sauced Wings! 1 lb per person of Dusted Chicken Wings, Deep-fried and coated in Pappy BBQ Sauce or served on the side. How are you going to make yours? Naked, Dusted, or Breaded.
Make Wings a Thing for Wednesday Night Wings.
Portion the Wings out to about 1 lb of Chicken Wings per person.
Pick up a box of these at your local Cash & Carry. Which are usually a lot cheaper than buying a package of maybe 1-2 lb at the grocery store.
I usually source mine from a Local Meat Shop that has these on sale frequently for 1.99 CAD per lb and sometimes at .99 CAD per lb.
DUSTED CHICKEN WING
For each 1 lb of fully thawed Chicken wings, toss with 1 tsp of each of the below to dust the chicken wings and refrigerate for 30 minutes or more. This allows for the dusting to get fully absorbed in and affect the skin for better crisping.
- Kosher Salt
- Baking Powder
NAKED CHICKEN WINGS
Naked Chicken Wings have no dusting or special coating of any kind. Cook as is, marinate, or brine prior to deep frying.
BREADED CHICKEN WINGS
For Breaded Chicken wings, my go-to is JFC Breading. Deep-fried and served up with BBQ Sauce on the side or tossed in the BBQ Sauce.
DEEP FRYING WINGS
I have a double basket Deep Fryer, so I do 1 lb per basket. Deep-Fried at 350 F for 10 – 12 minutes. Shake the Basket when you place them in and again after a few seconds to ensure separation of the wings.
There are numerous BBQ Sauces you can use and you may switch it up depending on what you’re in the mood for. That’s one of the beautiful things about BBQ Chicken Wings, there are just so many options.
In the recipe below I used Pappy BBQ Sauce. But you can use your favorite BBQ Sauce or a new one from below.
Once the wings are cooked, toss in a bowl with your desired amount of BBQ Sauce and serve.
BBQ Sauced Wings
- Deep Fryer
- 2 lb Chicken Wings
- 1 portion Pappy BBQ Sauce
Chicken Wing Dusting per 1 lb of Wings
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Cornstarch
- Combine the dusting ingredients and sprinkle over the Wings in a large pot and toss really well. Refrigerate the Wings for 30 minutes or longer.
- While the Wings are resting, prepare the Pappy BBQ Sauce and set aside to cool.
- Deep Fry the Wings at 350 F for 10 – 12 minutes.
- Either serve the wings with Pappy BBQ Sauce on the side or Place the wings into a bowl and toss with the desired amount of BBQ Sauce and serve.
- Aioli Pork ChopsAioli Pork Chops are just Phenomenal! These Pork Chops are marinated in an Aioli Marinade using the Jar version of it. Where everything is placed into a Jar and puréed with an Immersion Blender. Slow cooked until fork tender. Just as they come out of…
- Taco BurritosTry Taco Burritos for your next Taco Tuesday Meal. Stuffed with Refried Beans, Mexican Rice, Red Taco Sauce, Beef, Sour Cream and Cheese. Rolled up and toasted in a pan or grilled crispy. You can add in or omit any Burrito fillings to customize your…
- Chicken Broccoli CasseroleThis is an incredibly comforting Cheesy Chicken Broccoli Casserole. Made with diced Chicken Breast, Broccoli florets and Rice, enveloped by a Flavorful Creamy Sauce, and topped with melted Cheddar or Velveeta Cheese, making every mouthful an absolute delight. Chicken Broccoli Casserole Ingredients Made with Chicken…